Chatfuel is looking for Director of Marketing! We need a person who will conceptualize our marketing and demand generation strategy to fuel the growth of our loyal and engaged client base and shape our brand and creative message. 🚀
We are the leading platform for building bots on Facebook Messenger. Bots automate communication with humans through messaging applications. Since messengers have become the most heavily used mobile apps, bots have emerged as effective instruments that are changing the world of digital marketing. Messenger Marketing today is what email marketing and landing pages were a decade ago. It’s fundamentally changing the way businesses interact with their prospects and customers.
Chatfuel’s clients range from small and medium businesses to the world’s most recognizable brands. Some of our largest customers include Adidas, T-Mobile, TechCrunch, LEGO, Golden State Warriors, and many others.
Key things to note about what you’d be getting into:
- We went from $0 to 7-digit ARR within a year
- Grew our revenue 10X in 2018
- Plan to grow our revenue 10X again in 2019 😎
- Have thousands of qualified inbound leads coming in each month (way more than we can handle 😲 )
- Looking to increase target inbound traffic from non-paid channels 2X+ in the next 12 months
As Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of Chatfuel’s marketing and demand generation initiatives. Start as the team of one, but eventually grow and lead your team to keep up with what our company growth requires.
Here are some things you will do every day:
- Create and refine individual and group buyer personas for our prospective customers
- Identify logical segments of the market, based on data, to develop and deploy awareness campaigns
- Identify appropriate channels that track the customer journey cycle and help implement workflow automation
- Ensure digital and email activities are trackable, following prospects through their buyer journey, from initial engagement through close
- Use data to create lead scoring from our activities, optimize marketing mix and messaging
- Gain, maintain and proliferate an intimate knowledge of our buyers and their most pressing challenges, through market analysis, research and direct buyer/influencer interaction
- Optimize SEO, SEM, and content strategy for our website, blog, forum, bots, and webinars to drive additional lead generation activities through online channels
- Build and maintain lead nurture campaigns
- Select and solidify relationships with current customers and agencies who can assist with referral marketing campaigns
- Organize events with a focus on lead generation
- Evaluate, make recommendations, and implement various tools for our marketing technology stack
- Develop systems to measure the success of penetrating our target accounts, build and manage dashboards/leverage marketing tech stack to make strategic recommendations to the team
Your Experience and Competencies
- 5+ years marketing or equivalent experience with a minimum of 2 years experience in Demand Generation driving B2B SaaS marketing activities (preferably at a high-growth startup)
- 2+ years experience leading a marketing team
- You’ve experienced hyper growth at an early stage startup and know what it takes to build the marketing strategy and tactics from the ground up
- You possess a deep understanding of inbound and outbound marketing methodologies – specifically as relates to SMB and mid-market segments
- You have hired, trained, and managed marketing teams
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and have a “no-task-is-too-small” attitude
- You’re an energetic leader; you inspire others to be the best versions of themselves and provide gateways to ensure success
- You are metrics-driven and results-oriented; you rationalize your decisions based on data
- You can organize and present your thoughts and materials in a concise and clear way
- You plan and prioritize effectively and focus on key issues at hand
- You follow-through on commitments; you live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost
- You are an excellent listener and welcome feedback from your teammates
- You are a consummate learner; you’re insatiably curious and keep current on the latest within your area of expertise, but also hungry to learn and develop new skills
What makes Chatfuel a great place to work? Here are just a few reasons why you should apply to join us:
- Get in early: Messenger automation is the legitimate Next Big Thing in digital marketing and communication. Get in on the ground floor and make a difference!
- Strong team: We’ll help you make a meaningful impact, grow and evolve.
- Freedom to create and act: Tell us what you’d like to do and do it!
- Mind-blowing growth: Thousands of new users join Chatfuel every month!
- Great product: Our platform helps people and businesses create bots that deliver real business results.
- Build your own brand: Get involved in the fast-growing bot community, help people and establish yourself as an expert in your field. 🤓